Here’s another quick way to prepare salmon fillets. It’s really quick and easy and the parcels can be prepared in advance (even the day before), then all you need to do is shove them in the oven. The garlic and herb butter is really simple to make, so it’s another great recipe to prepare with kids! I usually make double or even triple the amount of the butter to add to jacket potatoes or just on plain old streamed veg to liven up a meal! This recipe serves two adults or three children and is easily adjusted to serve more.
- 1 salmon fillet per adult and/ or 2 for 3 children (depending on the size of fillet)
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced into half moons
- 25g butter (or butter alternative)
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C (if you are planning to cook immediately)
- Thoroughly mix the butter with the herbs, garlic and a couple of twists of both salt and pepper
- If you are using frozen salmon, defrost thoroughly and dry with kitchen towel
- Lay out a piece of tin foil and make a bed for the fish with the onion
- If you are cooking more than 3 pieces, make separate parcels. You could of course, make a parcel per piece of fish, if you would like.
- Dot half the butter onto the onion before the laying the salmon on top
- Dot the remaining butter on top of the salmon
- Place a second piece of foil over the top and scrunch the edges to form a tight parcel and place in the fridge if not baking immediately
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes (may need slightly longer if cooking straight from the fridge), until the salmon is cooked through
- Once plated up, drizzle the salmon with the garlic butter
- Serve with a jacket potato and steamed veg or salad
Enjoy your Garlic & Herb Butter Salmon!!
Some of the most popular recipes: Chilean Style Baked Fish Mushroom, Courgette & Feta Risotto, Mushroom & Thyme Tagliatelle, Pork and Apple Cheesy Pancakes, Halloumi & Soya Bean Quinoa Super-Quick Satay Sauce, Virtuous Thai Turkey Broth, Quick Leek and Potato Soup with Parmesan Crackers, Tomato Soup with Crispy Ham Croutons, Super Easy Leek & Bacon Baked Risotto, Chicken, Tomato & Borlotti Bean Stew with Chicken Crisps, Quick Tuna & Olive Spaghetti, Easy Chicken & Bacon Risotto, Gluten & Dairy Free Mini Fish Pies, Toad in the Hole with a Twist, Chicken ‘Kinda’ Kiev Quick Spinach and Watercress Soup, Easy Bacon and Monkfish Risotto, Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce, & Homemade fish (or chicken) fingers.
Click here for more quick, cheap and healthy dinner ideas and follow my blog for regular Kids Tea Tuesdays! xx